Still have to share my ridiculously useless knowledge.
Did you know….
1. The little dot over a lower case i is called a tittle.
(There won’t be any memes to accompany that precious nugget of information.
Google image searching for the word “tittle” led me in some very disturbing directions.)
2. An octopus will eat it’s own arms if it gets hungry enough.
I think we’ve all been tempted to do that at one time or another, no?
3. In 1900 the third leading cause of death was diarrhea.
Aren’t you glad you started reading this blog?
4. Winnie the Pooh was based on a real life female bear named Winnie who lived in the London Zoo.
5. The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by the Egyptians in 2000 BCE.
I don’t know about you, but crocodile dung would definitely be enough to kill the mood for me.
6. Sigmund Freud had a morbid fear of ferns.
Orchids I could understand. They’re fussy, creepy, high maintenance flowers that look like they want to bite off your finger.
7. Buzz Aldrin’s mother’s maiden name was Moon.
How’s that for serendipity?
8. If you live in Michigan, it is illegal to put a skunk in your boss’s desk.
I’m sure that’s very disappointing news.